Thursday, May 22, 2008

The boys in the old studio


I was cleaning up a little bit in my incredibly messy office and came upon this little gem. I love this photo! I think our old friend Fred Moore took it in the old cutlery building studio.

I'm pretty sure it was Ryan Brown's idea to step behind me, turn around and toss his long, flowing "metalhead"-style locks over my head. Apparently, the other guys thought it was as funny as I did. (From left to right: Michael Dooney, Eric Talbot, Steve Lavigne, Dan Berger, Ryan Brown, Peter Laird.)-- PL

15 comments:

  1. You look like the lost Ramones member hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. -->> .. ..hoo boy, and they thought think the ' BEARD ' is summin'.

    Yeh,Vaughn Ramones or AC / DC ..>v<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Tokka Dirty Pencils Done Dirt Cheap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: If mememory serves, I'm pretty sure that was Ryan's UNDERARM hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "m. said...
    Correction: If mememory serves, I'm pretty sure that was Ryan's UNDERARM hair."

    Thanks for clearing that up, Murph! -- PL

    ReplyDelete
  6. -->> "RAISE YOUR HAND..

    If yir 'SURE' "

    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! LOL That's a lot of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wearing my Kirby, "god save the king" shirt in that photo...Greg Theakston sold them at the San Diego con to raise cash for Jack's battle to get his original art back from Marvel in the early '90's!
    I miss that damn shirt...sob, sniff....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The real story is that I am in actuality, Pete's conjoined twin. I grew out of his back. Our recent surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stephan, I thought Cousin It too, when I saw the shape of the top of the wig :)

    RB - Be lucky you weren't a conjoined twin growing out of his stomach :). you're joke reminded me of a radio story where that actually happened ;). There's even a term for it, but very rare ;)..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having just recently met you all at the NYCC I can safely say: you guys haven't changed a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys still look the same today. ;)

    ReplyDelete