Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blast from the Past #312: sketch for toy figure "Mercenary Mouse"

Again, from that same sketchbook -- this is yet another one of the drawings I did and sent off to Karl Aaronian at Playmates back when they were casting around for ideas for ways to expand the TMNT toy line in the 1980's and early 1990's.



I'm not sure why I combined the concepts of "mercenary" and "mouse" -- I suspect it probably had something to do with the alliteration. In any event, no "Mercenary Mouse" figure was ever made. I don't think the world is poorer for it. -- PL

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... that character concept sounds a bit too "adult" for the old toy line. The real gun and all the bullets probably wouldn't have gone over too well with parents. It doesn't seem to follow the same home made accessories scheme the rest of the toys had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is a mouse not a mouse? When he's a guerrilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it would have been a good title for its own series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have been a good title for it's own series.

    Oddly, the concept art reminds me of the Creepy Crawlin' Splinter figure. I sometimes feel Playmates used more of your ideas than you might think, Pete.

    ReplyDelete