Friday, September 3, 2010

Blast from the Past #323: "Turtlemania" cover art

Some (okay, many) of the details of the history of this piece have vanished from my brain, but I do remember Kevin and I drew this (my pencils, Kevin's inks) to go on the cover of a little mini-comic kind of thing that the organizer of a small convention in Florida planned to produce and sell at the show to which he had invited us.



It was a fun trip; our host was a nice guy, and I saw cool lizards on the sidewalks. And out of that experience came several now-collectible editions of this "Turtlemania" publication. -- PL

4 comments:

  1. Looking at this pic, I like the sort of... evolution of the turtles... The way they were drawn, and how they seemed to develop different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. t reminds me of a toy I got in kindergarten. I don't recall the exact name of it,but it was a Michelangelo dressed in beach attire and squirted water.


    I can see an evolved style myself. Its almost like a merged early TMNT look of Mirage and Playmates Toy look put inot one nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter-

    blast from the past for sure, reminds me of having these books a kid and copying them page for page. I just stumbled upon your blog, and being a fellow artist and a hugggggee tmnt fan I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions and have you give me your input on my art?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very interesting article and it is very good. It is very interesting content in the article is very good.










    Gclub

    ReplyDelete