Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blast from the Past #566: March 14, 2008: Re: TMNT166WeddingBellsandBytesDr3 and Re: Wedding guests, and March 19, 2008: Re: New Usagi model for approval




Subj: Re:   TMNT166WeddingBellsandBytesDr3
Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 11:38:50 AM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Lloyd Goldfine

P. Laird comments on Ep. 166 Wedding Bells and Bytes third draft


I'd like to thank everybody who worked on this episode -- it obviously wasn't easy, especially having to put up with my persnicketiness! But I have to commend you all for the hard work to produce what I think will be a very fun and cool episode. This draft is fine by me, with the VERY small exception of the VERY minor points below.
I especially appreciate the inclusion of the several little character bits, which I think help to make this episode a lot more fun and give it more emotional content.
Thanks for a great job!


1.) Re: the following:

"*Meanwhile, has picked up a SMALL TRACTOR…
**And HURLS it at Raph, Mikey and Leo!  It CRASHES into them and DROPS them all right on their shells.
**Thoroughly beaten and battered, Raph, Mikey and Leo are down for the count."

WHO has picked up the small tractor? I'm assuming it's the Shredder, but it's not really clear.


2.) Re: the following:

"DISSOLVE TO:
**ON the ULTIMATE WARRIOR and his FATHER watching from a PORTAL in the BATTLE NEXUS…"


Minor point -- but shouldn't it be "Ultimate NINJA"? ("Ultimate Warrior" was a WWF wrestler, as I recall.)


-- Peter

-----------------------------------------------


Subj: Re: Wedding guests
Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:56:42 PM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 3/14/08 1:06:53 PM, Lloyd writes:

<<Hey Pete –
 
 Any other wedding guests you think should attend April and Casey’s nuptials?>>

Hmmm... Nobody? That Triceraton dude -- Traximus? Renet the TImestress?
 
<< Is it okay that the Rat King is there?  You’ve used him as a death figure in the past, so I worry if his presence makes him more of a party-pooper?>>

Yeah, it's fine. In fact, I would like to leave his presence there as ambivalent as I did when he showed up in Splinter's death scene in Vol. 4 of the TMNT comic. 
 
<< I’m thinking I’d also like to show that Cody is watching on a repaired time window.  Any Problem?>>

Can't see any particular problem there.
 
<< Lastly, as we do a final polish, can you (BRIEFLY!!!!) recount what you think is the key point to get across re: Shredder’s return from destruction and Don’s plan to finally defeat him?  I’d like to try and smooth out the techno-babble exposition a little better and I don’t want to accidentally enrage Mr. Persnickety!  ;)>>

When I read this most recent draft, I didn't have any problems with the way the Cyber Shredder's demise happened. I guess the biggest thing is -- if you feel it's necessary -- to make it clear that somehow the CyberShredder is not 100% physical because of whatever part of Viral which merged with him previously, and thus Don's use of a slightly-altered "decompiling ray" via Serling is what can be used to destroy him.
  
  -- Pete

---------------------------------------------------


Subj: Re: New usagi model for approval
Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:50:38 AM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Sarah at 4Kids

In a message dated 3/19/08 10:45:31 AM, Sarah writes:

Hello Stan and Peter-
 
 I hope all is well with you both.
 
 I have attached the newly styled Usagi for the 13th and final episode of this season, ”Wedding Bells and Bytes.”  Please let us know your thoughts as soon as possible.
 
 All the best-
 Sarah

Sarah,


I will defer to Stan's opinion here, but to my eye it looks fine... although aren't there supposed to be those "three dots in a circle" designs/decorations on Usagi's outfit? I think we had them there in Usagi's previous appearances.


-- Peter

2 comments:

  1. it's a shame this couldn't have been an hour episode. Maybe a previous adventure showcasing all the different characters working together trying to get to the wedding, and then what was aired as the second half :).. it would have been neat to see Traximus there, interacting with usagi, or the ninja tribunal :).

    After 6 or 7 seasons of this show, it STILL felt fresh, and i thought it had a few more seasons left in it. Was there any particular reason why something like The Shredder Wars wasn't given a season, or why it ended at all? Great way to end the show though :).

    also nice to see why the rat king was included after a one and done. still not sure why present day bishop was happy to see their proceedings though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete