Friday, September 7, 2012

Blast from the Past #588: August 1, 2002: Re: FW: The Hun Character, Re: Foot Tech dude, and Re: Follow-up, and August 3, 2002: Re: GarbageMan question and Re: me again!




Subj: Re: FW: The  Hun Character
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2002 10:45:37 PM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 8/1/02 2:19:24 PM, Carole at 4Kids writes:

<< Gentlemen;
> New suggestions for the Hun character from Lloyd and Chuck.  By the way,
> Hun is now Slavic..not hispanic.
> Sledge
> Diesel
> Kruewl
> Greef
>
> Secondary selects
> Mace
> Rage
>
> Please email your comments as soon as possible.
> Thanks
> Carole>>

I'm unclear on when Hun became Slavic... was that in one of the scripts?

Of the names listed above, only "Greef" and "Kruewl" are definite no's for me.

It seems that names like "Mace, "Rage", "Sledge" and "Diesel" are probably already taken. (Though I'm not sure what the parameters are for "clearing" names.)

How about using names of more than one word? Like "Hun Cho" (sounds like "honcho"). 

The suggestion of "Mace" is kind of interesting because I had actually thought of suggesting "Morning Star" (which is the name of the nasty evil medieval mace/flail which has a spiked ball attached to a chain attached to a stick, and that could become his signature weapon). 

--Peter

--------------------------------------

Subj: Re: Foot Tech dude
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2002 11:07:18 PM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 7/29/02 11:13:13 AM, Lloyd writes:

<< Hi Peter -

Looking for approval on the revised Foot Tech - we changed the logo as
per your request.  It was both faed and e-mailed to you.

Hope you're having a nice vacation!

Lloyd >>

Lloyd,

The only question I have about this drawing is about the Foot Tech insignia -- how was it derived? It looks like the top half of the Foot insignia with a stylized "T" below... is this "T" for "Tech"? Or is it just an abstract design element? Are we going to continue on with this approach for the other Foot section insignia? Should we conceptualize other shapes which would be appropriate for the different divisions?
I don't dislike the insignia as it is -- just wondering if we should put more thought into it.

--Peter

----------------------------------------

Subj: Re: Follow-up
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2002 11:15:55 PM
From: Peter Laird
To:   Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 8/1/02 3:51:48 PM, Lloyd writes:

<< Hi Pete -

Just a reminder.  As of our conversation today, here are things I'm hoping
to hear back on as soon as you can:

- approval on Foot Tech insignia (or alt. design if necessary).  As
  requested, I re-faxed him to your home.>>

  See previous email.

<<- approval of BattleWagon w/weapons (views A&B) and BattleWagon rear view>>

Looks good to me!

<<- blessing on Final draft of script 5 (all previous notes have been  
  addressed)>>

I think you have worked wonders on this one... I actually really like it now. There is ONE thing I will suggest, and this is completely optional: when Don destroys the piece of Nano with his blowtorch back in the lair, I was thinking that it might be neat if he expresses -- briefly -- some kind of regret at having to destroy such fascinating, nearly irreplaceable technology.

<<- approval of second draft of script 7 (all previous notes have been  
  addressed) so we can go to final>>

Consider it approved!

<<- as requested, I resent you the pending names for Hun and BattleWagon -
  waiting for your comments/preferences - the names on these lists (culled
  from the writers, Gary, and Playmates) are being checked for clearance >>

I actually have no preferences for any of the suggested names for the Turtle Cycle, Sewer Sled, Battlewagon or Shell Phone.

<<- re: show 12 outline, you were going to let me know for sure if it's okay
  to do the BattleWagon business (Mikey presses the button and it goes out
  of control in the lair) I'm hoping to begin this script tomorrow.>>

As long as Mike and Don don't just stand there with their mouths agape while the Battlewagon trashes the lair, I could live with it. In the future, I would like to try to keep the Battlewagon out of the lair as much as possible, though.
 
<<Lastly, you and I will review the GarbageMan premise tomorrow.>>

Okay.

--Peter

----------------------------------------------------------


Subj:  Re: GarbageMan question
Date:  Saturday, August 3, 2002 10:56:54 PM
From:  Peter Laird
To:    Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 8/2/02 3:03:39 PM, Lloyd writes:

<< As is my habit, I forget to ask you something!

Regarding the question of whether or not the Turtles are disguised, I wanted
your opinion.  I thought it'd be okay for them to show themselves to the
fringe, eccentric, slightly crazy homeless people, and they'll probably be
seen when they free them from the "Island of Lost Garbage" anyway...

Lemme know.

Lloyd
 >>

Lloyd,

I suppose that it would be okay to let them be seen by the homeless people, although it seems to me like they would try to disguise themselves a little bit whenever they are going to come into sustained contact with humans (aside from fight scenes, that is).

--Peter

----------------------------------------------------

Subj:  Re: me again!
Date:  Saturday, August 3, 2002 11:08:05 PM
From:  Peter Laird
To:    Lloyd Goldfine

In a message dated 8/2/02 3:34:01 PM, Lloyd writes:

<< Hey Pete -

Just so ya know (you were askin' me about it), the rough model of Casey's
cool-ass cycle was sent to you!

Lemme know!

Lloyd >>

I like it! And so does Jim. We're both psyched that a Moto Guzzi may make it into the show (could be a first!).

--Peter

2 comments:

  1. "How about using names of more than one word? Like "Hun Cho" (sounds like "honcho")."

    The word "honcho" actually comes from the Japanese word 班長 (hanchou).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out. -- PL

      Delete